Rent-to-own cars, also known as no-finance deals, offer a flexible and affordable option for those who are unable to obtain traditional car loans. You could possibly be under debt review or blacklisted or even something small such as you have not yet built up any credit record and as a result, the banks do not want to offer you finance.
If you are considering a rent-to-own car, it is important to find the best deal to ensure that you get the most value for your money. Here are some tips for finding the best rent-to-own car deals:
- Research Your Options: Before you start shopping for a rent-to-own car, it is important to research your options. This includes researching different types of cars, models, and brands, as well as the different rent-to-own agreement options available. You can use online resources such as car-buying websites, forums, and review sites to gather information about different cars and lease options.
- Shop Around: Once you have a good understanding of your options, it is important to shop around. This means visiting different dealerships, rental car companies, and online car marketplaces to compare prices and lease options. Be sure to compare not only the monthly payments, but also the terms of the lease, such as the length of the lease, the amount of the down payment, and the total cost of the car over the course of the lease. Also, take note of what is included in the agreement. Most rent-to-own agreements include insurance and vehicle tracker. Check if the insurance is fully comprehensive. Some deals may include maintenance while others have restrictions on your monthly allowed kilometers.
- Negotiate: Once you have found a few rent-to-own car deals that you like, it is time to negotiate. This means negotiating the monthly payment, the length of the lease, the amount of the down payment, and any other terms of the lease. You can use online resources such as car-buying websites and forums to learn how to negotiate and get tips on what to ask for. However, do be prepared that many Rent-to-Own car dealerships may not be prepared to negotiate at all on the structure of their deals.
- Read the Fine Print: Before you sign a lease agreement, it is important to read the fine print. This means carefully reviewing the terms of the lease, including the length of the lease, the amount of the down payment, the monthly payment, and any other fees or charges. Be sure to ask any questions you have and get clarification on any terms that you do not understand. Make sure that you fully understand what costs you are liable for.
- Check Your Affordability: Although rent-to-own dealers do not look at your credit score or past credit history they do need to ensure that you are able to afford the vehicle that you are buying. They will normally set a minimum salary that you need to earn but on your application, they will also look at what your current monthly expenses are. If you are earning R20 000pm and your expenses are already R15 000pm then it is highly unlikely that you would be able to manage to pay a car payment of R7 000pm.
- Get Pre-Approved: Getting pre-approved for a rent-to-own car lease can give you more bargaining power and make it easier to find the best deal. Working with an agent such as Rent 2 Buy It will give you a lot more flexibility and will allow you a larger choice of vehicles that are within your affordability.
- Consider the Total Cost: When shopping for a rent-to-own car, it is important to consider the total cost of the car over the course of the lease. This includes not only the monthly payment, but also the amount of the down payment, any fees or charges, and the cost of maintenance and repairs. Be sure to factor in these costs when comparing rent-to-own car deals to ensure that you get the most value for your money.
In conclusion, finding the best rent-to-own car deal is the same as hunting for a normal car deal. Make sure that you know what you are buying before making the final commitment.
Use a reputable agent to assist you to get the best deal available.